ROYAL MAIL AND THE DISAPPEARING POST BOX – the saga continues …….

Standard

I’m sorry, but I really can’t help myself, this whole story strikes me as so ridiculous, that it deserves to be ‘enjoyed’ by a few more people – smile!

In a week where the privatised Royal Mail has got into much more serious trouble with headlines like –

“Stamp of disapproval – The Post Office needs to treat sub-postmasters fairly” – The Telegraph

“Royal Mail could scrap next-day deliveries and make customers pay more for first-class stamps” – The Mirror

Santa and Royal Mail reveal what kids really really want for Christmas! –  Royal Mail Website media release – 12 December 2014

my nearest post box - says 7 am on saturdays

my nearest post box – says 7 am on saturdays

THEY CAN’T FIND MY POSTBOX!  And seem to think that it’s my responsibility to find it for them!

The following is my email conversation with no less than FOUR “customer service advisors”  (I have “redacted” their names, and my full address, which I had to give them on the form I filled in on their website – which is where I decided to go after I couldn’t get any answers from the sorting office, last Saturday.)

This is what I wrote on their form:

Enquiry Detail: got very confused when I tried to post some letters at my local box at 8 am on saturday to see that the last collection was 7 am! no notice had been posted warning of this change and I ended up having to tour the area to find somewhere to post my letters. Was so annoyed about it I put up a blog about it – see julzcrafts.wordpress.com – especially as the local post office and sorting office knew nothing about this. Privatisation is not making things better. Because of the confusion I also forgot to put a stamp on one of my letters – see blog, and I would like to inform you of this now, so that I can claim compensation should I or my intended recipient end up having to pay extra fees.
Problem Occurred Date: 06/12/2014

Customer Service person No 1 replies

On 11 Dec 2014, at 11:13, customerservice@your.royalmail.com wrote:
Thanks for your email. I was very sorry to hear of the problem you’ve experienced with your local postbox.

In order for me to make further enquiries, can you please provide me with the following information by responding to this email:

• The street on which the postbox you are referring to is located

Thanks for your help and once again, please accept my apologies for the problems this has caused.

And I replied: 11 December 2014 14:01:50 (GMT Standard Time)

….. road, y……..
 this is NOT the fault of any of your postmen – its your fault for not letting people know of the changes.
 perhaps you’d like to compensate me for my time with some stamps?
Customer Service person No 2 replies
On 11 Dec 2014, at 14:14, customerservice@your.royalmail.com wrote:
Thanks for your email. I was very sorry to hear of the problem you’ve experienced with collections at a near by post box

In order for me to make further enquiries, can you please provide me with the following information by responding to this email within the next 10 working days:

• Can you clarify your full postal address, is this residential? ( we only have a business name at number “x”)
  • The post box number (i am unable to locate the details with the road name)

On receipt of this information, I will investigate this further and get back in touch. If I don’t hear from you within 10 working days, I’ll assume the matter is resolved and close the case.

And I replied:  SENT: 11 December 2014 14:54:35 (GMT Standard Time)

…………it is a residential address.
the postbox is just by the start of …… road, but as the road name changes there, it might be under …….Hill – it is also at the bottom of  …….Merched – so with the photo of it, you should be able to find it. (I attached the photo above)
 I can also send you photographs of all the boxes I toured to find somewhere to post my letters, but it might save you time to read the blog – they are all on there, and I think you will see that there is such a variation of collection times that anyone would get confused!
 I look forward to hearing from you with some information.
Customer Service person No 3 replies:

On 11 Dec 2014, at 15:24, customerservice@your.royalmail.com wrote

Thank you for your further contact with Royal Mail.

• Please provide the box number which will be displayed on the front of the post box in order for us to identify it’s location

And I replied:   SENT: 11 December 2014 15:41:03 (GMT Standard Time)

if the number is on the box, its on the photograph i sent you – how many excuses do you have for not doing anything?

Customer Service person No 4 replies: on 12 December 08.42

Thank you for your further email and for providing the information and attached photograph requested by my colleagues
The details of your enquiry have been recorded against the reference number 1-3208996693 and we are now reviewing the concerns you have raised. A full reply will follow once our enquiries have been completed – please be aware that depending on your enquiry, this can sometimes take up to 10 working days.
If you would like information about Royal Mail services or our complaint procedure in the meantime, you can visit ourwebsite at any time.

I waited until tonight to put this up on the blog, in case I got a prompt reply – I wonder how long it will take to just tell me

WHY they have changed the collection times – Surely they don’t need the post box number to tell me that!

julz signature

POSTSCRIPT – as of today’s date – 7 January 2015 – I have heard nothing further from Head Office

Tell me what you think

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s